An external structural flooring substrate
An external structural sheet flooring substrate for tile finishes over timber or lightweight steel floor joists. Simple and fast to install, Secura™ exterior flooring helps give you extra peace of mind against moisture damage to balconies and verandahs.
For use in tiled residential balconies and verandahs
As an external substrate for tiled residential balconies and verandahs. It’s an alternative to particle board, plywood or compressed fibre cement.
Light and easy to handle without compromising heavy duty performance
- Secura™ exterior flooring is sealed on all sides with an advanced polymer coating that helps protect the board from moisture-related problems. A topcoat on the surface of the board provides good adhesion. The continuous mesh reinforcement on the underside enhances the heavy-duty performance of Scyon™, adding extra strength and impact resistance to deliver a suitable external residential flooring substrate.
- Secura™ exterior flooring can be up to 40% faster to install than conventional compressed fibre cement sheet. This is because it’s made from Scyon™ which is about 24% lower in density than compressed fibre cement, making it lighter, and easier to handle and install, without compromising heavy-duty performance. In fact, there’s no need for pre-drilling and screwing, because it can be gun nailed and is easy to cut like timber. It’s also tongue and grooved, which delivers engineered joints and eliminates the need for timber trimmers under these joints.
- For balconies that aren’t over habitable rooms – verandas for example – no additional waterproofing membrane is needed once Secura™ exterior flooring is installed**. For balconies over habitable rooms, a waterproofing system needs to be applied.
- Secura™ exterior flooring is made from Scyon™, the advanced lightweight cement composite with the heavy-duty performance. Not only is it resistant to damage from termites, rot and fire*, but it can also be gun nailed and is easy to cut – like timber.
Scyon™ Secura™ exterior flooring Installation diagram
* When installed and maintained correctly and to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation.
** A priming coat is recommended to be applied over all sheets before tiling, refer to the manual. ^ Not to be used in fire applications.