An external facade system for commercial usage
A pre-primed panel that’s site-finished with a high-build acrylic texture system that incorporates both reinforced jointing and texture coating*. It’s used with the proprietary fixing system to create a complete commercial facade system that gives a monolithic, rendered look without the need for masonry.
Provides a monolithic rendered look without the need for masonry
As an external facade on commercial buildings where a composite system with a monolithic rendered look is required. Ideal for full wrap or composite construction designs on either timber or light gauge steel framed buildings.
Significantly reduces scaffold and structural beam costs
- When it comes to multi-storey construction, two big cost-drivers are scaffolding and structural beams. Using ComTex facade panel and fixing system instead of rendered masonry can help significantly reduce those costs. To add to this, the panels are preprimed,* which speeds up the finishing process and reduces cost.
- Lightweight construction makes it easy to turn the most inspiring design into reality, without the heavy and often costly engineering details that are typically required for masonry construction. Added to this, a variety of textures and colours can be achieved with the site-applied high-build acrylic texture system*.
- The pre-primed panel improves the speed at which the applicator can apply the texture system*.
- When used in conjunction with fireresistant plasterboard, a fire rating of up to two hours can be achieved for a wall. To add to this, ComTex facade panel can be used as bracing.**
- ComTex facade panel is resistant to damage from termites, rot and fire.†
What are the sizes?
ComTex® Installation diagram
* To be applied in accordance with the texture coat manufacturer’s guidelines.
** When installed in accordance with James Hardie’s Structural Bracing Application Guide.
† When installed and maintained correctly and to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation.