A square-edged flat sheet with a smooth pre-sealed surface
Versilux® lining is a flat sheet with square edges for butt joints. Sanded smooth and pre-sealed, Versilux lining is a flat surface that is site-painted to create a panellised look.
A versatile internal wall and celiing lining
Versilux® lining can be used as an internal wall and ceiling lining in laundries, kitchens and high-traffic areas in residential, medium-density and commercial buildings, where a durable, flat panel look is required. It can also be used in exposed beam ceilings and soffits, and is suitable on either timber or light gauge steel framed buildings.
Powerful performance relating to impact resistance
- Versilux lining is sanded and pre-sealed, making it easy to paint, and reducing the finishing time and cost.*
- It’s easy to achieve a range of looks with Versilux lining using straight PVC jointers, battens or Scyon™ Axent™ trim, as bold or subtle highlights over their smooth, flat surface.
- The high impact resistance of Versilux lining, compared to plasterboard lining, makes it the smart choice for high-traffic areas that are prone to wear and tear.
- Versilux lining is lightweight and its square edges, together with the wide range of James Hardie™ accessories, make it easy and fast to install by tradespeople, owner-builders and renovators.
- It’s suitable for use in fire-rated and acoustically rated systems.# To add to this, the 6mm thick sheet can also be used as internal bracing.**
- Versilux lining is resistant to damage from termites, rot and fire.†
The first and only Australian manufacturer with GECA certified fibre cement building products
Selling units per pack: 4.5mm – 30 or 60 sheets, 6mm – 15 or 30 sheets, 9mm – 15 or 30 sheets
Versilux® lining Installation diagram
* Always refer to the paint manufacturer’s guidelines. ** When installed in accordance with James Hardie’s Structural Bracing Application Guide.
† When installed and maintained correctly and to the extent set out in James Hardie’s published literature current at the time of installation.
# Refer to the current Fire and Acoustically rated walls Manuals for further information. ? Not available in WA and TAS. ‡ QLD only. Not suitable for external wall cladding applications.